Found in the picturesque countryside of England, Oxford is a major academic center in the United Kingdom. The city has enjoyed a long role in the country’s history, having once been home to residents including C.S. Lewis, T.E. Lawrence and Lewis Carroll. The oldest university in the anglophone world, the University of Oxford, is located in the city, as are various media groups and entertainment venues. These characteristics have long made Oxford a dream destination for culture lovers.
Working in Oxford
Because of the various industries located in the city, finding a job in Oxford is often a relatively easy task. Many of the city’s residents choose to work in one of the following fields:
- Education: the University of Oxford, Oxford Brookes University and various local institutions
- Media: BBC Radio, various newspapers and local television stations
- Entertainment: local theatres and venues
- As these industries regularly hire new recruits, jobs in Oxford are often quite plentiful. The burgeoning student population often helps to support these local businesses.
Job hunters may consider an assortment of different options when it comes to finding employment in the city of Oxford. The job search in Oxford can be made much easier by using Trud.co.uk, a free service that links job candidates with available positions. Not only is this resource free and easy to use, but relying on the tool is both simple and effective. This makes it an ideal solution for anyone embarking on a job search in Oxford to consider. Popular vacancies:
- educational support workers